Friday, August 1

Mama Turns 50!

Milestone moments: Graduations, Weddings, Birth of a child/ren, and my Mother's 50th Birthday!

I know I'm biased but I am so taken by God's grace in this moment that I had to share. 

My mother is an example in this world of God's love for me. I mess up, she still loves me although she aches. I fall down, she encourages me. My heart gets broken, she wants to beat the guy up. lol

When we're young our parents represent our hero's. I mean they do no wrong. In those years of adolescence and as we begin to grow in maturity and wisdom, it's a pretty low blow when our parents imperfections become apparent. However, that becomes your opportunity to love like Christ loves you. Through it all. Through every spec of imperfection. Then, you begin to see their beauty on new levels.

This isn't just any birthday. This means my mother had 50 years of overcoming and loving unselfishly. I often look at my mom's example of how she gives to others before they even ask. How she dances like a pro but has a little bit of 'tone-deaf-ism'. And she doesn't care. How she's always put these funky bonnets in her hair way before it was fashionable. How she laughs so loud at life and herself that you can't help but to catch some of her joy and laugh hysterically too. 

I am blessed to call her mother. And when I think about the best thing that God used her to give me in my life....

It was wings. She gave me freedom. Freedom to fall, grow, learn, get back up and learn from my mistakes. She also gave me love. She gave me the best that she could with all that she had. 

For the next 50 years. I want to give her all that back.
Happy Birthday Mama!




  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Mama!!! You are one of the sweetest people I have ever met, and I am even blessed to have had the opportunity to meet you! I will never forget all the stories Paloma shared with me about you and how you always did let her fly high. Who would have known that today it shaped her into the woman she is today. Your transparency was a blessing to her life. You are a gift to many. May God bless you more and more each day! TQM!